Monday 18 March 2013

Chapter 28 - Gen 1 - Lilly

~ Because You Loved Me ~


~~~~~~~~
Mango
~~~~~~~~

"Son, I'm taking you out today, so don't get going off anywhere."  Dad said as he sat down at the table.

"Sorry no can do, me and Lilly have plans for today."  I told him as I carried on eating, hotdogs for breakfast.   I love it when Affair stays over we always get hotdogs for breakfast because that's all he'll eat, I wish I'd been allowed to get away with only eating hotdogs when I was a child!!

"She told me to tell you, she's spending the day with Ruby and Ice, they are going girlie shopping apparently."  I started choking on the food that I'd just swallowed

"She wouldn't, she knows we have plans and Ice isn't exactly her favourite person right now."

"Well she is, I'm just telling you what she told me to tell you - so today you are coming out with me and your Mother, I want you in a suit later." 


I couldn't believe Lilly had taken off without saying a word, when she knew we had plans for today, my only day off this week, we were even talking about it before we went to sleep last night.  I sat staring at my empty plate wandering what time she had got up and organized this,  its only 9am now.  I thought it was strange when I woke up and she wasn't there but then I remembered she had to take Affair to school, so when she wasn't down here I didn't think anything of it.

"So now you are going to spend the day sulking!!"  he started laughing at me  "You've always been a sulker, I would have thought you would have grown out of that by now!!"

"Why do I need to wear a suit?" I asked him

"We have got a meeting at 4pm, it will do you some good to tag along."

"We? Can't I have at least one day off  from work stuff,  I'd rather not ............" he didn't even let me finish before he jumped in quite sharply

"I'm not asking I'm telling you - be ready for 3pm and don't argue, you'll definitely be kicking yourself later if you miss this meeting!!"  he started laughing again, got up and walked away still laughing.  I hate it when he treats me like a child.


Killing time because today suddenly feels very very long.  I still can't believe that Lilly has just took off with the other girls without saying anything - it's actually quite upset me.   Especially as today is the only day this week that I can guarantee we could spend the whole day together - the rest of the week I've got a very a busy scheduled and one day when I'm on call which I never seem to escape from, there is always some emergency to drag me into theatre.



"So will this suit do?"  I said to Dad as I sat down.

"Yeah, you'll do, but you would look a lot better if you stopped sulking!!"  Dad started laughing at me again - what is wrong with him today??

"Leave him alone Spicey, you'll only put him in a bad mood and that's the last thing we want!!"  Mom said not even looking up from her book.


"Your mothers coming with us, did I tell you?"  Dad said trying to make conversation

"Yes ............ shouldn't you two be getting ready it's nearly 3pm"  I said looking at them both sat there in ordinary clothes when he had told me to put a suit on.

"We are ok as we are.   Come on woman put your book down its time we were leaving!!"  Dad makes me laugh the way he always calls Mom "woman"  "You know she'll only be getting herself into a tizzy if we are late!!"

"Who's she Dad?  You haven't told me anything about this meeting yet."

"You'll find out when we get there."  He's acting weird, its not like Dad to be so vague, especially when it's work related, and why does he keep laughing he's up to something.


~~~~~~~~
Lilly
~~~~~~~~



I waited nervously - Spicey said he would get Mango here for 3.30pm.  Trying to organize our wedding and keeping it a complete secret from Mango has been a lot harder than I thought it would be.

After my last fiasco of a wedding with Cosmic that never happened - I am making sure that this one does.  I might be a little paranoid, but I'm very scared that there would be a repeat of what happened last time.  All the waiting and organizing only for Cosmic to be taken away from me before we even got there.   All that time that we wasted.   That's why this time with Mango I'm doing it my way - no fuss and no waiting.

I know that us getting married is what Mango wants, he's joked a lot of times over the years that I am the only person he would even consider marrying, but I also know he would want a big fuss for me - the fairy tale wedding, and at one time it is what I would have wanted - but not any more.

Lime is not doing it to me again - and I can feel her coming back at us - she is not going to stop me from marrying Mango - I'm making sure of it!!


The car pulled up.  Mango got out and didn't notice me at first.

"What's this place, this isn't the Bistro, Dad what's going on you're acting very wierd!!"

"I'll see you inside, I'll let Lilly fill you in"  his Dad said to him laughing, Mango swung round then and saw me standing there.

His Dad said as he walked past me "Good luck with him, he's been sulking all day!!"

"Lilly, what's going on I don't like all this weirdness!!"  he came up to me looking very confused.


"You look beautiful by the way - now can you tell me why we are here all dressed up?"  I had to laugh at him - he still didn't have the slightest clue - he has no idea of what is about to happen to him.  I thought he would have guessed as soon as he saw this place, I know this wedding chapel was only built and opened about a month ago but I thought he would have know what this place was.


"Lilly what are you doing? You are going to get your dress dirty"


"Marry Me?"

He never saw that coming - the shock on his face was a picture.


I never doubted that he wouldn't say yes.


 "You know you didn't have to get all dressed up and bring me here to ask me to marry you!!"  he said as he hugged me "Or are we going out somewhere to celebrate?"

"We are here and all dressed up because we are getting married - right now!!"


"What?!"  he said stepping back again that very shocked look on his face.

"Don't you know what this place is?"  he shook his head  "It's the wedding chapel and we are booked in for 4pm."  he turned around to look at the building - obviously he hadn't known what this place was for.

"Hold on - are my parents in on this?  Is that why they have been acting wierd all day?"

"Yes - your Dad helped me sort it all out - I didn't really go girlie shopping, I've been at Preludes all day - your parents and my brothers are in there waiting to see us get married."

"But why .... like this?"

"Now is not really the time, but basically I didn't want a repeat of what happened last time"  I think he knows exactly what I'm saying, he got this far away look in his eyes that worried me for a minute when he didn't say anything  "So are we getting married now or not??"

"YES!!"


Inside Mango's parents, my brothers and Ice are waiting.












"For someone who doesn't like surprises you sure like springing them on me!!!  Oh Berry you are not going to spring a honeymoon on me are you, only work ......"  he started to look worried

"Don't worry, I've left that for you, I know your work's a bit tricky, but your Dad has managed to organize  you two days off - Forrest is covering for you and everyone is staying at Preludes tonight to give us some space."

"So can I relax now - you don't have any more surprises to spring on me do you?"

"No but I'm working on it"

"And what's that supposed to mean?"


I started kissing him so I wouldn't have to answer his question


~~~~~~~~~~~

 A week later

"You don't mind do you sis, only the baby sitter is busy tonight, I hoped Mulberry and Ice would be around to look after him, I wouldn't ask you again but it is pretty important and he's had his tea so you don't need to feed him tonight."

"They have gone bowling, and of cause I don't mind, he's never any trouble - so where are you off to - anywhere nice?"

"Meeting Violet - more talking about us getting back together."

"How is that going??"

"I don't know, I think I want it a lot more than she does, she says she still loves me but she doesn't believe that I've changed and she still has a problem with Affair, so if I have to be honest, its not looking good - sometimes I wander why I'm even bothering if she can't get past Affairs lack of colour its never happening."

"Prelude I don't know why you don't just forget Violet and find yourself a nice girlfriend who will accept Affair - she lets you see Wisteria now so why are you trying to fix something that's already too far broken?"


Affair came bursting into the room.


"Where is Mango I can't find him, only he said he'd teach me how to play his piano the next time I stayed over"  Affair asked me


"I'm sorry he's at work tonight, he won't be back until way after you've gone to sleep!!"

"OOWWW - what am I going to do now till bed time??"  he started moaning

"Try reading a book I'm sure Lilly has plenty!!"  Prelude said,  "Be good for Lilly, she'll taking you to school in the morning and I'll pick you up!!"  he hugged Affair then left.


"Can I please play on the xbox?"  he asked, I knew that would be the first thing he asked me the minute Prelude walked out the door.

"You know your Dad doesn't like it on a school night."  I said to him, we have this conversation everytime, but I always give into him.

"Oh Please - you let me last time!!"

"Oh Go on, but only half an hour and then it's bedtime, you are going to get me into trouble if your Dad ever finds out!!"

"Don't worry I won't tell him!!"  he makes me laugh he is such a cute kid.


A very paralytic Prelude phoned up in the middle of the night, he'd lost his keys and needed somewhere to crash till the morning.  Mango told him to let himself in, he knew where the spare key is hidden.  Prelude woke us up when he arrived making a right racket and from all the giggling that was going on we could tell he wasn't alone either - he had a woman with him.  They kept us awake for hours.

We hadn't been asleep for very long when I woke up again feeling very sick - this is not the first time today I have felt like this.


I knew this would be coming but I didn't expect it already.  Since our relationship changed we have not been taking any precautions, we haven't even talked about taking them or about having children.  But it looks like it might just be a little too late to do any talking.


I ran into the bathroom to throw up.  When it was over I remembered to brush my teeth, I didn't want to tell Mango that I might be pregnant till I'd taken a test and am sure that I definitely am.  I can just imagine the fuss he is going to make when I actually am pregnant.

 I went to check on Affair before I went back to bed - he had to have heard the racket that his Dad was making like the rest of us, but he was sound asleep.


I was surprised when I walked into the bedroom that Mango is awake and just getting out of bed, I really hoped he couldn't smell the sick on my breath.  "I was just coming to find you, are you ok?"

"Yeah I needed the toilet and just checked in on Affair, now that all the racket has stopped, I wanted to make sure he's asleep."

"And is he?"

"Yes, he's snoring his head off - I'm going to kill Prelude in the morning" 



Maybe he will be be getting his next surprise a little sooner than I expected.


~~~~~~~~~~~

Song:  Because you Loved Me ~ Celine Dion

~~~~~~~~~~~

8 comments:

  1. They do make an adorable couple and the wedding was very sweet for her to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes they do - lets hope they make nice babies :D
      Its about time she did something for him for a change!!

      Delete
  2. Wow, a surprise wedding. I'd never have expected that. Good thing she knew he'd say yes.

    I want to see the babies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay their married and I don't why but I keep thinking that Prelude could never guess how good of a brother he'd become :) He's probably my favorite character now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) yeah I have a soft spot for Prelude too!!

      Delete
  4. Awww Lilly and Mango. I was not expecting her to propose to him, that's cute that she arranged all of that surprise wedding stuff. Prelude is so awesome. I love his character development.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the surprise wedding and that Mango went along with it. Can't wait to see the baby. Prelude is an awesome dad and brother. Would never have guessed it from the way he was when he was a kid and teenager! I hope he doesn't get back together with Violet. He should listen to Lilly and find someone who will accept Affair.

    ReplyDelete